Top Sites to Create a Website Platform for Your Business
Updated: Mar 25, 2021
Want to create your own website for your Virtual Assistant (VA) business but have no skills whatsoever with html or any kinds of coding for website creation? Worry no more! Because we’ve got you covered.
These days, it doesn’t take a programming master nor a coding genius to put up your own site on the internet. In this article, we will go in-depth with some of the top sites that you can use to easily and skillfully make your very own website on the internet by giving you exact details about them.
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s begin!
The first and one of the most popular website builders out there. It’s used by over 100 million people all around the world as it is one of the easiest and most intuitive websites to use. With Wix, even the people who know nothing about coding can start and create their own websites in a matter of minutes!
1. Easy-to-use - its drag and drop features and the interface is one of the most intuitive ones out there.
2. Great template collection - you can choose from a wide array of templates on their site. Many of these are for free! You can even start from scratch and create a style of your own for your VA blog website.
3. Lots of help and tutorials - this is why Wix stands out from the most. It has helpful guides almost everywhere you navigate in the entire site. This makes sure that you never get lost nor get overwhelmed with the tons of features that you can use!
4. Get more traffic to your site more easily - This is another reason why you should use Wix to create your own website as the Search Engine Optimization is built in. Meaning you won’t have to worry so much about getting your website lost in the sea of sites in the internet. You just have to let Wix know more about your website and it lets Google’s bots know where to put you better on the search results.
Now, in the name of fairness, we will also tell you the disadvantages of using Wix as well. In this way, you can make a more well-informed decision.
1. Templates are not interchangeable
2. Using a free account gets your site the Wix watermark
3. Advanced features like analytics are only available under the paid plan
WordPress.com (not to be confused with Wordpress.org) is also one of the top website platforms out there. There’s a ton of benefits and reasons as to why you should start using Wordpress.com for your VA blogs’ website.
Just like Wix, this website builder is also good for beginners! Although to get the most out of it, it’ll be best to know even just a tiny bit of coding. As most people say, it doesn’t take a genius to build a website these days.
Another great thing is that if look at reviews online, you will see that WordPress is the best tool to use for making websites dedicated to blogs! It has a range of built-in features to make writing your blogs as easy as possible. But compared to traditional drag and drop website builders, WordPress.com is at the bottom of the pack when it comes to ease of use.
1. High SEO ranking - as we want more traffic to go into our website for our blogs, this is very handy because it lets more people see our website more often.
2. Ideal for blogs - as we have mentioned before, WordPress is ideal for making a website dedicated to blogs. You can use its variety of features and plugins to make writing blogs as easy as possible.
3. Site Ownership - unlike most website builders, making a website in WordPress.com grants you the ownership of the site that you make.
1. A little bit of coding is needed - if you really want to maximise the potential of this website, then you will need to tinker around a little bit using coding.
2. Maintenance - you will need to update some of the plugins and themes regularly to keep your site up and running. You will also be responsible for fixing any bug or technical issues since you are the site owner.
Since these two are the hottest choices in the market when it comes to websites, there are others that make it easy for you as well. These are Site123, Network Solutions, and Squarespace. These are their common advantages and disadvantages so you would like to try them out to see for yourself.
1. Tons of templates - a lot of templates are readily available for you to use.
2. Intuitive design and interface - these sites are generally easy to use and less likely to require you to use coding.
3. Good support and help and feature - there are common guides placed to help beginner users navigate the site.
4. Great for blogging - these sites also have tools to make creating a blog website easy for you
1. Flexibility issues - most website creators like these can limit a creator’s capabilities.
2. Basic features - since they are easy to learn, most creators tend to stick to the most basic features.
We hope that this article has been helpful for you in choosing which website maker to use for your next blog! You can choose from any of these website builders and take into account all of the advantages and disadvantages that we have listed here. Remember to check out our other articles for more guides about being a VA.